Donor Gratitude is a not for profit organization with our primary focus on promoting awareness and expressing gratitude for the gift of an Organ transplant. Our mission is to bring the world of Organ transplantation together, to an easier accessible place, by building “The Bridge of Life” that connects all those who help make an Organ transplant possible.
This platform allows people to share their stories (anonymously, if preferred), and it also serves as a place where Donor families can start to heal from the loss of a loved one, by hearing stories and testimonies from the people they have helped save.
The world of Organ donation and all the entities involved can be a very complex process to understand. However, the purpose is simple; it is “people saving people”.
I am a heart transplant recipient. I literally knew NOTHING about the donor and transplant World – but, after a massive heart attack (2017), followed by heart failure, I was quickly thrusted into a world that I never imagined I would be a part of. I found myself trying to grasp my new world of heart failure, and at the same time trying to survive and wrap my head around this new Donor/Recipient World that followed. Let’s be honest, the idea of having an organ removed from your body is OVERWHELMING, to say the least.
Both my wife and I (she is a certified “google doctor”), found ourselves looking for answers – for hope, for whatever would help ease all of our hesitancy and fear.
We are a nonprofit organization pending federal government 501(c)(3) approval.
WHO WE ARE
- We are ordinary people living new and extraordinary lives.
- We are Organ recipients expressing our gratitude and healing.
- We are Donor’s and Donor families healing from the loss of a loved one.
- We are working with OPO’s (Organ Procurement Organizations), who help make the Organ transplantation process possible.
- We are connecting with Transplant hospitals to improve awareness.
- We are all those who make the world of Organ transplantation possible.
WHO WE ARE
- We are everyone working to build “The Bridge of Life” that connects organ transplant recipients, with all of those who make Organ transplantation possible.
- We are Organ recipients showing our appreciation and gratitude, anonymously to Donors and Donor families, we connect directly with our Donor Network Offices and Transplant Hospitals to thank them and help improve Organ transplant awareness.
- We are Organ recipients connecting with the world to express our gratitude for the gift we have been so fortunate to receive.
WHAT WE DO
- We are building “The Bridge of Life” that connects with all those who help make the gift of an Organ transplant possible.
- We are creating a place to hear stories of gratitude and a place to share stories of gratitude.
- We are building awareness in the transplant world and at the same time, expressing gratitude to those who work tirelessly to help make miracles happen.
- We are creating a place to heal for those who have suffered the loss of a loved one, where they can see and read that their sacrifices have not gone unseen, unheard, or unappreciated.
WHAT WE DO
We are Organ recipients, their families and friends showing our Gratitude to all of those who work tirelessly to make an Organ transplant possible. We are family, friends and people that you see walking down the street, that are creating and building a virtual bridge that Organ recipients and everyone can easily cross to show the world our appreciation for such an amazing and beautiful gift. We are Organ recipients filling the hearts of others with our gratitude, all while healing physically and emotionally during a difficult and challenging time in our lives. We are acknowledging that this life changing event is not limited to just ourselves, but so many others around us as well.
We are connecting with Donors and Donor families in an anonymous way, to express our gratitude for the gift they have allowed us to receive. We are creating a place where families and friends who have lost loved ones can come to and read anonymous stories, testimonies and poems that people have written about their gift of life. Donor gratitude is a place to heal and thank anonymously all those who have lost and sacrificed so much, as well as those who work tirelessly to make the “Gift of Life” possible.
WHY WE DO IT
- Everyday approximately 98 Organ transplants take place in the United States. That’s more than 36,000 people that start a new life each year. There are more than 100,000 men, women and children on the national transplant waiting list and out of those an average of 17 people die each day waiting for an organ transplant.
- Every donor can save up to 8 people and enhance the lives of 75 more.
- There were 39,000 transplants performed in 2020.
- Every 9 minutes another person is added to the transplant waiting list.
Donor Gratitude is everyday extraordinary people building “The Bridge of Life”. We are creating awareness for Organ Transplantation and showing gratitude to all those who help make a second chance in life come true.
HOW WE DO IT
We do it with Faith, Trust and Gratitude.
- We have “Faith” that we will never be given more than we can handle.
- We must always “Trust” that our choice was the right choice and we must connect our Mind, body and soul, with the best possible outcome for our new life.
- We must never forget the sacrifice that has been made for our gift of a new life. “Gratitude” must always be in our hearts.
Who We are
My name is Don, I’m a 6 year survivor of heart failure and nearly a 3 year survivor and recipient of a new heart. Grateful and Gratitude were the first words that came to mind, when i stared to think seriously about creating this website,……..so was the beginning of donorgratitude.org. Words alobe will never fully describe, or express the amazing feeling of gratitude I have for my “Gift of Life”, a new heart.
What We Do
How We Do It
Organ Recipients Connecting The "Bridge of life"
Organ transplant recipients creating awareness, expressing their gratitude and building “The Bridge of Life”